Thursday, February 08, 2007

It is crucial that we are careful in what we do with these radical teachings. Usually the right answer is to just be in awe and be faithful. There is almost always a direct command elsewhere in Scripture that will protect you from messing this up.

“inference”IF _________________ IS TRUE, THEN I SHOULD ________________.


2. Would you agree with these inferences? (substitute the words into the blanks above)

Easy (to answer) warm up
• God commands repentance; repent
• God commands us to preach the gospel; preach the gospel

Heavier (require more thought)
• Christ is faithful and able to save; put my complete trust in Him
• God chooses the elect and saves them without fail; not worry about evangelism (why bother?)
• God’s grace is magnified when I sin; keep sinning
• I’m a member of God’s elect and my salvation is secure; eat drink and be merry

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home